Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Where do I plant trees ?

I have met many people who would like to contribute and help towards planting of trees. But the main problem with living in a city is that there is hardly any space available to plant trees. Even I have been over the past few weeks trying to find ways of contributing towards planting trees and doing my bit in saving the green cover. In that quest I googled a lot and finally was able to reach trees for free, an organization which plants trees and helps maintain a green cover for our beautiful city.

They also maintain a blog, and it felt really good to see them doing a nice job. I would certainly join them and volunteer for some activities while also contribute atleast rupees 100 monthly towards the fund that they maintain to plant trees.

Moreover, there is also a scarcity of space in the city to plant trees. So, It would be good if people take the cause seriously and allow the planting of trees near their homes.

Lets hope we can give our city a good green cover and make it clean and green !!

3 comments:

Anil said...

Even worse, they are cutting down full grown trees. Just to make some room for the traffic !!! It's high time they understand that cutting down trees is not a solution for traffic problem.

http://greenpreneur.blogspot.com/

Anil said...

Ya sure, I'm restructuring my blog site. Give me some time. BTW what do you do? You part of an NGO ?

Drop me a mail anilkumar dot as at gmail dot com

Amit said...

Nice work !!